There are many Crimlisk's in Filey,Flamborough, Hull and Scarborough. Yet they all are descended from just one man who came here from Ireland in 1842 - Thomas Crimlisk. He was born in Ardara in County Donegal in 1803 and joined the Coastguard when he was 21. He moved to Brighton in 1838 then moved to Flamborough in 1839 then Filey in 1842. He then moved back to Flamborough in 1851 and retired in 1857. Married to Catherine McDevitt he had five sons. One died at sea, 1 had no family, and three married into the Jenkinson,Johnson and Haxby fishing families.
Several Crimlisks have been lost at sea:One in the Red Sea in 1907; One on the trawler Skegness; and one on the Research in 1925. Richard Matthew Crimlisk(Skipper) and his two sons Tom and Wilfred were lost on the Emulator when it was blown up by a mine in 1919. This family history was traced by John C. Crimlisk in the 1950's in Filey.
- John Crimlisks family records.
- Suzanne Pollard's family records.
- The Scarborough Mercury april 17th, 1919.
- Mercury September 11 1958